Low fat food: The yummy dessert recipes
Low fat food is hyped in this era especially when most of the people are obese. Obesity has acquired the status of an epidemic and, in some geographical regions, one out of two people are obese these days. Obesity refers to the accumulation of excess body fat. It may spring from hereditary grounds or sedentary lifestyle, but most significantly, it occurs due to the consumption of fat rich food. However, the good thing is that people have gradually become aware of the ill-effects of obesity and are trying to embrace a healthy food habit. If you really want to fight obesity, you have to consume foods low in fat or to put it in other words you have to be on low fat diet.
What is meant by low fat food/diet?
Food items or diet that is low in cholesterol and saturated fat is referred to as low fat diet. Low fat diet is a step towards healthy living because it reduces the risk of heart attacks and other cardiovascular diseases. A diet based on fruits, vegetables and whole grains is definitely low in fat.
Can desserts be low fat?
There is no end to experimenting with food. If you are someone who is crazy about desserts and is yet concerned about health and obesity, there’s good news for you. Renowned chefs and also those for whom cooking is a passion have brought out many delicious low fat dessert recipes. You can devour these sweets to your heart’s content without having to worry about how many pounds you are packing on. In other words, you can satiate your sweet tooth without sabotaging your endeavors to lose weight. Thus, today there are a number of simple low fat dessert recipes, quick low fat dessert recipes and easy low fat dessert recipes out there!
Low fat desserts: Chocolate desserts & Apple desserts
Here is one of the low fat chocolate dessert recipes for you:
- Chocolate bark with nuts
Ingredients: Milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups), almonds, cashews and hazelnut (1 & ½ cup) and some more chopped nuts for garnishing
1. Put the chocolate chips in a container and heat it on low flame or microwave it for a minute or two. This will melt the chocolate
2. In a bowl, thoroughly mix melted chocolate with the nuts
3. Now take a rectangular baking plate, grease it, spread the chocolate-nut mix on it, garnish with the extra chopped nuts and refrigerate it until it turns hard and crusty
4. Your chocolate bark with nuts is ready to eat.
Here is one of the low fat apple dessert recipes for you:
- Healthy apple crisp
Ingredients: Peeled apple slices (7), sugar granules (1/3rd cup), flour (2 tablespoon), cinnamon (2 teaspoon)
Topping ingredients: Oat granules (1 cup), cinnamon (1 teaspoon), brown sugar (1/4th cup), soft butter (1/4th cup)
1. Put apple slices on a baking dish
2. In a tiny bowl, blend sugar, flour and cinnamon. Mix well.
3. Pour the mixture on the apple slices and toss
4. In a cup mix oats, cinnamon and brown sugar. Make a round space amid the mixture with a spoon and pour the butter in to the hole. Mix thoroughly and sprinkle over the apple slices.
5. Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake until the coated apples change color
6. Your low fat apple crisp dessert is ready.
So now that you know more about low fat food, especially desserts, have fun eating healthy!
For a list of more Low Fat Dessert Recipes Click Here